What are Cookies
Cookies are little text files which are stored on the browser or hard drive of your computer or other device when websites are accessed in a browser. Their primary purpose is to “remember” you and your preferences, to try and give a consistent and efficient experience for site visitors, they also allow users to register and remain logged in.
Some Cookies only exist whilst you are browsing that site through a session cookie and are deleted when you close your web-browser. Whilst others remain stored on the device until deleted or they reach their expiry date, so that they can be accessed each time the site is loaded, these are called persistent cookies.
Cookies can be set by the site that you are visiting or by third parties, such as those who serve content or provide advertising or analytic services for the website.
Cookies we use provide the following functionality (items in brackets are non-exhaustive lists of Cookies that perform these functionalities)
- Store a unique identifier for each customer so we can find the cart data in the database. (Wp_woocommerce_session_)
- Keep information about the cart (Woocommerce_cart_hash, Woocommerce_items_in_cart)
- Store the last few products viewed (woocommerce_recently_viewed)
- Saving currency preferences (woocommerce_current_currency)
- Saving users session details (PHPSESSID)
- Communication with Paypal, when payment is made via PayPal (AKDC)
- Providing analytics and performance information to WordPress (tk_ai, tk_qs)
- Check if Cookies are enabled (wordpress_test_cookie)